Thursday, April 23, 2015

Here's to you, Mrs. Marine!!!

Surprise! Your blog has been hacked! Yes, I figured out your password! Enjoy.....

Dear Mom,

Today is the last day you will walk the halls of Aliceville Elementary School as a Literacy Coach and former First Grade Teacher. I find it hard to believe that this day has finally come for you. We all know that you have contemplated the decision to retire for quite some time now and I am sure this final day will be bittersweet for you.  I have heard countless stories throughout my life about your students, co-workers, administrators, and school family. It is a running joke among our family that we can't go out in public within a 100 mile radius of Aliceville without someone recognizing you as their first grade teacher or their child's teacher. Growing up, I can remember thinking that you had to be the  most disciplined and strict teacher in the whole school. Now I know that you were a strong teacher. A teacher who was always focused on improving the lives of your students. There are times when I am speaking to my own students and have to stop to laugh because I know "I sound just like my mother." I have no doubt that you are probably one of the most influential teachers to ever step foot in Aliceville Elementary School. Today, you will leave that school respected and loved by so many. You have been a leader, a motivator, an advocate, and at times a parental figure for your students. Thank you for setting the bar so high. Thank you for guiding me into my career as a teacher. Thank you for teaching me to be a constant learner and to never forget my purpose as a teacher. Enjoy your next phase of life in semi-retirement! Feel free to come babysit your grandchildren at any time!

With love,

Lindsey



I borrowed some pictures from your blog of you and your co-workers. It's funny to me that you are not in very many of these pictures! I know that there is no way I could include pictures of all the people you have grown to love over the years but here are just a few for you to enjoy. 













Your family is looking forward to spending lots of time with you! Congratulations and Happy Retirement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment