Saturday, April 4, 2015

Two Boxes

Thirty one years ago, I entered the doors of Aliceville Elementary School as a bright eyed, scared to death 22 year old.  The twenty-third of April, I will leave older, wiser and a much better person for my time there.  I can honestly say that I love everyone of my wonderful staff and students.  I have made many, many friendships that flourish beyond the walls of the school.  I am going to miss the bright eyes and warm smiles of the students.  I think I might even miss early morning duty.  I will be entering into an entirely different and new phase of life-semi-retirement!!  My days will become much more flexible, hopefully allowing even more time to spend with my sweet grandchildren!!  I will always treasure the time I have spent at AES.  I have to be honest and say that I have not shed near the amount of tears I thought I would when this day came (at least I haven't yet)!  I have always felt that I would know when it was time to leave-and that time has come!  I feel that I didn't overstay my welcome, and am leaving still somewhat at the top of my game! I am thankful for the smiles, hugs, tears, laughter and even the occasional disagreement!  While I am leaving with only 2 boxes, I am actually taking away more memories than I could have ever imagined. Thirty one years ago seems like yesterday.  When I started here, I was a newlywed with no children.  Now, both of my children are married and I am a grandmother!  Wow!!

 I am not going home to prop up my feet, although I do plan on trying to sleep past 5:30. Another opportunity has come along that will allow me to work part-time, while remaining in education.  This position also offers lots of flexibility that has made Josh quite nervous.  He told me that he told his co-workers that he expected his mother-in-law to be at his house all the time now.  He just might be right!! I am super excited for this new opportunity.  More on that later!

Thanks for a lifetime of memories (literally) AES!!  Right now, it's hard to imagine my life without you!!

Just a few pictures of my awesome co-workers and friends!


C






















I'm not going to mention any individual names, because I know I would leave someone out.  I have worked with 5 principals, many teachers and assistants, and taught even more students.  I have learned something from each of them.  I will forever be thankful for my time at AES and the many awesome memories I have made.  Now, I am going to happily finish up these next few days and journey on to my next adventure! ( Lauri told me I could at least act a little sad and stop glowing!!)  I just hope the next 31 years are just as terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment