Sunday, May 10, 2015

Changes

I have adjusted to this new life of semi-retirement quite nicely!!  I am now an employee of UAB and work with their GEAR UP Alabama grant. (I will share more about this awesome grant later.)  I am assigned to Pickens County High and Gordo High.  I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!  Phyllis asked me just what made it so great, and I easily said, "EVERYTHING."  I love the flexibility of the job, meeting new people, and the new challenges of the job!!  I will not just be at the schools.  I can work from home some, and I will be in the community and meeting with parents.  So far, it's just about perfect.  I am in the middle of a three week stretch that has had a more structured schedule (training and meetings), but after that I will be much more flexible!  That will allow more time for family, friends, and fun stuff!!

In the meantime, I love having a little extra time to stop and smell the roses-literally!!

Normally, I am in school when these are in full bloom, and I don't get to enjoy them as much.  Not this year!! 


My bedding plants are coming along nicely, too!



I told Reed his mom would be so proud of him and these roses that are now blooming in our front yard.  He planted these about 3 years ago from clippings he got from her.  They have really taken off this year, and are just beautiful!!



Happy Almost Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment