Thursday, July 30, 2015

Maybe I Cried Just a Little

After a near perfect trip, getting out of San Francisco proved to be a challenge.  We rode to and from the airport on the BART rail system.  The ride to the hotel from the airport went off without a hitch.  We did not have the same luck on the way back to the airport.  First, we got on the train to the airport, and no one bothered to tell us that we had to get off at San Bruno, rather than the airport.  After getting off and changing trains two more times, and shedding only a few tears, we finally made it!!  Little did I know that my trouble was just beginning.  Reed breezed through security with no problems what so ever.  However, this blonde, middle aged white woman sent security into a full fledged panic!  I have flown from major cities with the same id and never had a problem.  However, San Francisco doesn't play.  The problem was my driver's license has my full name, including my first name and my maiden name.  My boarding pass did not have my maiden name on it.  I had to show my debit card, Sam's card, insurance card, and everything else  I had.  NOTHING had my maiden name that I haven't used in the last 33 years.  The very mean head of security assured me that my last name was not Marine!  At this point, I was convinced I was going to have to move to San Francisco.  Finally, he yelled, "Do a modified."  What you ask is a modified??  Evidently it's a full search of all your bags, and a COMPLETE body search!!  I also had a top security man stay with me the entire time!  He led me to a lady who kindly said, "Look straight ahead at the man in front of you the entire time.  When I reach your buttock, thigh, and chest areas I will use the back of my gloved hand."  Sweet Jesus, say it's not so!!  I am happy to say that after quite a long procedure, I was allowed to proceed.  I looked over my shoulder the remainder of our journey.  I just knew they were coming for me!!  Reed, I think jokingly, said that he was trying to decide if he was going to have to leave me or stay with me.

These pictures were taken from our flight home.  I was so very happy to board our plane and head south!!  I promise the next time I fly, my boarding pass will be exactly the same as my driver's license.  
Lesson learned!!





No comments:

Post a Comment