Saturday, February 13, 2016

Swoosh!!

Maddie has been involved in a local "pick up" basketball program for the past few weeks.  Basically,  a few of the local dads saw an opportunity to work with what I think is K-2 graders on basic skills.  After practicing for a few weeks, now they are dividing the kids up and playing games.  I was very impressed with their patience with the kids!  I was also thrilled with how much they have learned in a very short amount of time.  Don't get me wrong-at first glance  it looks a whole lot like organized chaos!!  But, if you look closely you will see that they are  learning to dribble, shoot, and play defense, all while having a good time!!!  This Nana thought it was well worth the 3 1/2 hour drive to watch her play!!

Lillian got in a little practice before the official warm ups began!  Big sis is always looking  out for her!


And Mr. Blue Eyes is always close by!


First, they opened with prayer, did a few exercises, ran a little (which Maddie normally hates, but didn't seem to mind with basketball),  socialized a little, and they practiced shooting!


Next, it was game time!  Hands up everybody!


Her team ended the game with a whopping 2 points!  And guess who scored them!??


This sweet  girl!!!  I missed the shot of the ball going in, but trust me it did!!!


I'm not sure who this coach is, but I like him!!  He was very positive and encouraging, as were the others!  That smile on Maddie's face tells it all!!




This game ended in a tie.  Her friend Marley scored for the other team!  So much fun!!  I can't wait to go back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment