Monday, November 20, 2017

You Go Girl!!

We had a really busy weekend.  Maddie played in the state soccer tournament in Dothan on Saturday, and competed in a gymnastics meet Sunday in Montgomery.  I'm going to blog about the gymnastics meet first.  Gymnastics is really a family affair.  Lillian and Maddie both practice several hours a week.  To make that work, it takes a commitment from the entire family.  Often tough choices have to be made, and they don't get to participate in everything they would like. Juggling school, work, dance, gymnastics soccer and more takes a toll on everyone, but boy the rewards sure are awesome! Maddie is very competitive, and takes gymnastics very seriously.
She reminds me so much of her mom at this age!

Waiting for the meet to start!




Sweet friends ready to compete!  It's a lot more fun when you have a buddy to share the journey with you!



Moms need buddies to share the experience with, too!



Sweet team-ready to compete!



The vault-I have to be honest and say that I have yet to figure out the scoring process at this level!  However, I will say that she has improved tremendously!



The uneven bars-She will tell you that this is her favorite event, but it's sometimes the one she has the most trouble with.......Her warm-up was a little shaky, but she had a solid routine when it counted.  I love the look of determination!



The beam is her best event!  She always gives a solid performance on the beam!  I love her long lines! She had her highest score ever on this event at this meet.






Floor-I love watching her on the floor.  All the gymnasts use the same music, and I promise I hear it in my sleep!




I think this is called "a come to Jesus meeting".  These two really are troopers!  They just get a little stir crazy from time to time!!



Awards!!-Floor



Beam!






Vault



And 1st All Around!  We could not be prouder!  She works so hard, and it's great to see that hard work paying off!!





The little ones are proud of her, too!!



Next up, soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment