Sunday, January 14, 2018

A Weekend of Hunting

This was a weekend for hunting!  I met Lindsey and the girls in Tuscaloosa to look for beauty walk dresses, and Pop picked Reed up and they headed dove hunting!  Time is running down, and this could possibly be Maddie's last weekend to deer hunt.  I am happy to say that the weekend was a success!

Dove hunting is tough work!  After a fun hunt, Reed came home with me and promptly slept for four hours! That meant that is was up way past bedtime...........


After an extremely cold afternoon, Maddie was ready to leave the stand and come home.  She and Pop were actually unloading their gun to come down, when this four point came into the field.  She made a perfect shot, and her third one of the year was down!! Lillian and Reed were super excited, too!
These two are quite the pair!


The next day after church, we headed down to do a little dove hunting.  And I use the term "we" very loosely.  I am by no means a hunter, but I did enjoy watching the kiddos and Beau!


On the lookout for doves!





 Reed's on the lookout with Pop, and Maddie's target practicing with the BB gun!


Sweet girl! She is growing up too fast!  She has a heart of gold, and is simply the best big sister ever!


I would have never, ever believed our little princess would hold a bird like this!!!


Sweetest little hunter ever!



I am headed to their house for the week.  Lindsey and Josh are attending a conference, and I will be attempting to hold the fort down!!  I do love our visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment