Friday, February 9, 2018

Hoover Dam



Hoover Dam was a very unique experience.  We actually had a brief photo stop while on the way to the Grand Canyon the day before-that explains two different outfits at the same place!  I had to get back early for the beginning of my conference, so we enjoyed a quick tour of the dam. I left with great respect for those that built this dam.  It was truly a remarkable feat!




The walls are huge.  Reed said that the terrain reminded him of a strip mine.














We journeyed down to learn about how the dam works.




We were assured that the water coming through the walls wasn't leakage, but rather "seepage". Not too sure what the difference is..................







Cheese!







The water in the dam is way down.  Check out those water lines.



There is a walkway that runs beside the Pat Tillman bridge.  It's 935 feet above the dam.  Guess who walked out in it??






That would be Reed.....



And me!!! I didn't look over the edge, but I did venture out.  Did I mention that it's 935 feet down?



On one side of the dam, you are in Nevada.  You can walk about 100 feet and be in Arizona.







A few pictures of the dam.........

















Beautiful!!









Best traveling buddy ever!!



Next up, Vegas!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment