Sunday, February 11, 2018

Las Vegas

Las Vegas was quite an adventure for these small towners.  Everyone told me I would love it.  They said it would be entertaining and like nothing I had ever seen before. They were right on all predictions.  But let's be clear, I'm glad I went, but I'll be perfectly fine if I don't ever make it back again.  Been there, done that!!  The glamour and glitz was entertaining, but I was extremely happy when our plane touched down in Birmingham!  Reed toured on his own, while I was in the conference.  He was quite entertained, too!

Let the journey begin! Look out Vegas-Here we come!




 We stayed at Caesars Palace, which was like a city within a city!








Caesars is in the middle of the strip, so we didn't have to go far to see some incredible sites.  One would be a replica of the Eiffel Tower.  I had intentions to go up to the top, but time didn't allow it.  It would take several trips to get everything in.






Directly across from our hotel!  Loved them growing up!



Gondola rides at the Venetian



Somewhat blurry, but Toby Keith's Bar & Grill was very good!



The fountains at the Bellagio did not disappoint!  



We aren't very good at this selfy stuff!




 Checking out the Forum shops at Caesars!  Can you say wow?


This is not a picture of the pretty, blue sky.  It's the ceiling in the Forum shops.



Image result for forum shops caesars palace

Flamingoes at the Flamingo



The Highroller is the largest observation wheel in the world.  It's like a ferris wheel on steroids.  It takes 30 minutes to slowly revolve around.  Guess who rode it?? That would be ME!!  I promise I wouldn't have gotten on it, if someone had warned me that it didn't stop to let you on.  You had to time your jump on and off!  Say what?? 




Of course, Reed looked around the entire time.  I, on the other hand, was sitting on the bench in the middle holding on for dear life!  I was on there though!




Reed had a hop on hop off pass for two days, so he saw lots more of the city that I did!
New York, New York , Excalibur, and more!







He looks like a natural!












Can you say "high rollers"?




 I'm just not sure how to sum up my feelings about Vegas.  I am truly glad I went......But, it was the complete opposite of everything we know as normal.  I took some pictures of Freemont Street (Downtown), but can't seem to find them.  It was the most, shall we say "unique" place I've ever visited. We came, we saw, we conquered..........What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!








Related image


Later Vegas!



No comments:

Post a Comment