Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Grand Canyon

Life is as grand as you make it! 

Reed and I just returned from a six day trip to Las Vegas.  I was attending a conference, so Reed got to tour a lot more than I did.  I am going to break this trip into three posts.  We went a couple of days early to tour the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam, and I just think they deserve a post of their on.  They were also by far my favorite parts of the trip. Lots and lots of pictures, because this is something we probably won't ever do again!!

This skywalk is built 70 feet out over the West Rim of the canyon.  It is 4000 feet to the bottom, and has glass walls and a glass floor! If you know me at all, you know that I am terrified of heights!  I truly wanted to conquer this fear and venture out.    I closed my eyes, and very, very slowly went out about 10 feet with a death grip on the rail, and then slowly, slowly scooted back and waited on Reed!  I just could not do it!!!



Reed handled it like a boss!! (Thankfully, they had professional photographers to capture this part!)






Simply beautiful and quite majestic!








I handled the walk around the Indian village just fine!


But this is as close as I could get to the edge!





It's hard to capture just how special this place is to visit.  We came across an episode of "Gunsmoke" while there, and the terrain was just like this!  Those cowboys and Indians were pretty tough!



Reed decided to do a helicopter tour to get up close and personal with the Canyon.  He thoroughly enjoyed it, but did say that when the helicopter suddenly dropped over the rim, his heart rate picked up quite a bit!!



Just amazing!


The Colorado River





Next up, the Hoover Dam which was just as fascinating in its own way!  I am happy to say, I did much better there!

No comments:

Post a Comment