Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Champs

Maddie's 8U softball team recently competed in an eleven team tournament.    They had to win 3 games to make it to the championship game.  Three of the four games were back to back to back!  (I'm going to take the high road on not comment on the most home team friendly bracket I've encountered!)  We arrived at the ballpark late morning and left 12 hours later!!  I'm happy to say that when we left, her team were undisputed champs!!  Their margins of victories ranged from 12 to 17 points!!  Lots of fun and lots of memories!!  Lindsey packed lots and lots of snacks, and we all pitched in and entertained the little ones!!  They were quite the troopers!  Lillian took a little nap, but Reed was full force all day long!!  After the first game, several of the families went to a local restaurant on the lake!

Prior to game one, everyone got a little snack! If you can keep them fed, you can keep them happy!



Game one-Forgive me,  but I'm going to brag!  This one has gotten her hitting figured out! I'm afraid I'm going to need a loan, since I'm paying a dollar per hit!  Her only out was actually her best hit of the day!  The third baseman made a great catch on a line drive down third!


More snacks for the little ones!  I swear I don't know how they afford to feed these two!


And back to the game! Another hit!  And another score!


Centerfield is wrapped up tight!


Fun in the wagon!  Also, Lillian is not sleeping!  She likes to take my phone, and slip and watch youtube.  We have both  gotten in trouble for that from time to time!


Game one is in the books!  We headed to eat at a nice little restaurant on the lake! Then we came back and hung out awhile!  Did I mention there was a three hour wait before they played the next 3 games back to back to back?

The restaurant had lots of fun games to occupy the little ones!




Game 2-More hits, more runs and more fun! And another big win!


And more snacks and a little nap!!


Game 3 -  This little one was getting tired, but she still played like a champ!!


And these two continued snacking and playing!


Another win in the books!  I'm not sure what secret Lillian was sharing with her dad!


Game 4- For some reason, I don't have many pictures of this game!  Trust me, it was a good one!!  12 hours and 11 teams later, they were crowned champs!!


All it took was a shiny medal to make this long day totally worthwhile!!  They have two more tournaments in addition to their regular games!  Whew! Let me also say that I really like her coaches.  I think I like them so much, because they coach like her Pop!


One of Maddie's coaches is the stepdad of a very special player on the team.  She was involved in a tragic auto accident in December.  In spite of a broken leg, TBI, other injuries,  and an extended hospital stay, she is playing catcher and an awesome batter!  She is truly a miracle, and I am honored that Maddie is able to be on the team with her! Below is her sign that hung on the dugout!


Play Ball!! After this tournament, they are 9-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment