Friday, March 2, 2018

Bumps and Bruises

Following a weekend conference in Montgomery, I headed to Alexander City to help Josh with the kids while Lindsey attended a conference of her own.  Reed and I took the girls to school, and he and I planned to spend the day playing.  The morning had been just perfect, until suddenly it wasn't!!  More on that in a second, but first meet Lucy!


Maddie raised Lucy from a chick when she was in kindergarten!  Lucy seemed to love the cuddles from the kiddos!




Now on to the rest of my visit.  Reed had just gotten onto the trampoline, when he said, "Nana, watch me do this!" He rolled over a big ball, and shot out about a 6 inch opening in the net around the trampoline landing on the concrete!  It is an image I will never forget!  I scooped him up, and luckily Josh came home just moments after it happened, and we were soon on the way to the emergency room.  Not only did he have some pretty impressive bumps, scraps and bruises, he also has a slight skull fracture.  





He looks so pitiful here, but it was mostly because he didn't want me taking anymore pictures.




I am happy to say that he rebounded quickly.  The next morning after we took the girls to school, he asked to feed the ducks and get donuts.  I was happy to do both!  I also told him we would not under any circumstance get on the trampoline.  He assured me he didn't want to do that!







All he needs is a stick and he's a happy boy!



This was the perfect example of how quickly an accident can occur.  Even though I was right there with him, I wasn't able to stop him from shooting through that hole!  I still see the image him falling when I close my eyes.  He is healing quickly and hopefully the bruises and scrapes will soon fade away, but I promise this is something we will never forget! Lindsey also told me that Spring pictures are next week.........Uh oh!








No comments:

Post a Comment