Sunday, January 3, 2021

Great Start to the Year

So far, 2021 is off to a great start.  The big kids stayed for several days after Christmas, and I always love those visits.  All Christmas is down, and we are ready for great things this year.  Maddie, Lillian Reed and Lindsey start back to school this week.  It seems like the break just flew by this year.  In spite of the challenges of 2020, the moments we've shared as a family will be forever remembered as extra special.  If I am being honest, I am tired, but grateful and looking forward to new, wonderful beginnings and memories. Lots of pictures!

This picture was taken during Christmas.  Aren't they just precious?

Sweetest brothers ever!  


Maddie joined Pop and some friends of his friends for a quail hunt while they were here.  She followed behind them on the Ranger and took pictures.



Pop loves his hunting buddy!



He's pretty crazy about this little one, too!  Reed made a really good shot on a deer this trip.  Sadly, they couldn't find it.



We are still working on both large and small projects at Papa's house.  The big kids helped with a little roofing work on the pump house for the goldfish pond. We still aren't quite finished with this project.  We are staining it and painting the white pipe you can see.  Pop loves having such good helpers.




Maddie is cutting something for the goldfish pond, but you can see the new columns in the picture.  Those will be painted this week. After this, we will be moving back inside for more projects.


We made several trips to the park this time.  We actually went there to let them ride their new electric scooters, but we managed to get in some time on the playground.











Lillian and I took John Sawyer to play a couple of times, when the others were hunting.









I think my favorite part of any visit, is when we just hang around the house.  I love that they feel completely at home here! 









Look out!


He's still loving on the chickens.


And speaking of chickens, Lindsey gave Pop his very own swing set and see-saw for his chicks!!




Lillian got to drive the tractor with Pop!




Sweet brothers!


They love hanging out with Uncle C and Aunt Tay.



I am including the picture below for one reason!  Maddie told me the other day that she had started reading my blog, and wished I would include more pictures of myself.  I told her I wasn't in many pictures, because I was always taking the pictures.  I am going to try and do better!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment