Friday, August 6, 2021

Beach Time

We loaded up four out of the five grandkids and headed to the beach for 5 days!  (We can't wait until Jack can join us!) We enjoyed the beach, pool, track, putt putt, riding bikes and more.  We ate lots of great meals and enjoyed lots of special time together.  There is nothing I enjoy more than making memories with my sweet grandchildren.  Sun, sand, pool time, the splashpad and even rain are just more fun when shared with this gang! Beach trips have also been my favorite, and I love sharing them with these guys.

Love them so very much! 


The weather was overcast with some rain and that was a really good thing! We spent several hours at the beach each day but one.  Lots of riding waves, digging holes, sand castles and more!

And Lillian proved to be a gold medal champ in beach handstands.
This group knows how to get a barge to blow the horn!  They've had lots of practice on the river.  In the bottom picture, the kids are singing Happy Birthday to their mom!
More beach fun!
Pop and Lillian cooked breakfast for us.  Waffles at the campsite is a pretty awesome meal.
John Sawyer mastered his bike.  The first thing he said most mornings was, "I want to ride my bike." So, that's what we did! Pajamas and all.....


And back to the beach.....So much fun! Please forgive me if you see a couple of pictures twice.

If you happen to see any of these guys, be sure and ask them who came in second in putt-putt. (Me!) John Sawyer was the undisputed champ.  He walked up and got a hole in one on every hole! He also took his club and did a little work around the course. Maddie was the best scorekeeper. She kept us all in line.
More pool and beach time.  We spent one day at the pool.  Normally, I would never agree to that, since we have a pool at home.  Rules change when the grandchildren are involved.
We are truly hoping to add Jack to this picture next summer.  I think we can handle 5!  They couldn't have been any better.


Off to the track.......


They seemed to enjoy squirting me from the bumper boats!! Stinkers!


I am ending with the same picture I began with.  We had a truly wonderful trip.  So good in fact, that I am booking next summer's adventure tonight.


Next up, my second retirement........



No comments:

Post a Comment