Thursday, September 7, 2023

41 and More

 Forty one years ago, Reed and I began this wonderful journey together. We enjoyed a quick trip to the beach to celebrate. We returned and enjoyed a visit with our sweet grandbabies. Life doesn’t get much better. We have entered the busy season of fall sports. Two are playing soccer. Then we will add cross country, baseball and volleyball. Lots of trips to Northport and various places on the east side of the state are on our horizon.  I am so thankful to be able to participate in all their adventures. I love when they are visiting and the house is a total mess, and I feel like a short order cook.  I know these times will fly by so fast. Lots of pictures below.


It has taken me quite a bit of time, but I think I am finally turning Reed into a Buccee's fan!




Simply one of my favorite places in the world.  So peaceful!



I thought Reed was going to try and sneak this fellow home!


We didn't bring the rooster home, but we did bring this home. It was the perfect anniversary gift to each other!  Big chunks of concrete were falling off of the old one.  I was scared one of the kids was going to get hurt.  We were able to reconstruct the other one into a birdbath by taking out some of the broken parts.


This is the reaction you get when Nana picks you up and you go to CiCi's pizza.  (They requested-not my choice). He has his first baseball game this week.  So excited to watch!



Getting in possibly their last swim of the season.




No sharks here!


Five big ole chunks of my heart!





Batter up!


Pop and I enjoyed Reed's first soccer game of the season this week.  His team won 7-1!


I didn't get the end of the play, because I'm usually yelling at that point, but he scored a goal on this play!



I am truly a soccer fan now!  Maddie is playing rec soccer this year in addition to Cross Country.  We can't wait to watch her next week.  Lillian is also playing rec volleyball for the first time.  I can't wait for these new adventures.


Maddie and her coach!!  The first race was as hot and miserable as could be!  We were so proud of Maddie though.  She did awesome finishing 7 out of 76!! The new coach did a great job, too.


Lillian and I found a great place in the woods to watch her come by at the beginning of the race.


There she goes!



Still smiling after the race.  I truly can't explain how hot it was.  The race started at 5:00 in the afternoon.


More to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment