Sunday, December 10, 2023

Making Memories

 December has already been filled with so many wonderful occasions, and it's just getting started. I love this time of the year even with all the hustle and bustle. We were once again blessed to host my family for a Christmas gathering. We had several not here due to the flu, a wedding and other commitments, but we still had such a wonderful time! I am including part of a text that I received from our sweet Kathy that couldn't be here.  I think it describes the day perfectly.

I thought of y’all so many times during the day. I could almost picture all the family coming in with food and hugging each other.  Then I could see y’all all around that beautiful back patio area eating and visiting .  Then… all the picture taking and hugs when it was time to leave.  I had planned to FaceTime so I could see everyone, but I was scared I’d cry.  

We are blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful family. So many have gone before us, and I think that is what makes these gatherings so very special.

 What a crew! (Where are you Anne?)


Santa and Mrs. Claus made the day extra special.


Naughty or nice?


So much fun!  Michael and Gerald-my twin uncles, Jean, Doris, Anne, Bethany, Taylor and Cassandra
My People-I was assured that we all made the nice list!


Football, games, catching up, and more!






Lots of great food!
Sure do love these two!


I had some pretty great help with the dressing!


Could he possibly be more precious?


Yummy!


Pop offered a helping hand, too.


These kiddos enjoyed another visit with Santa.



Tammy and I enjoyed a trip to Elf with the boys.


The Hanging of the Green is always one of my favorite services at church.  Carson gave Jack a helping hand to place an ornament up high.


So sweet!


Bless Jack!  At least John Sawyer was all smiles before we headed to church!


We enjoyed the town Christmas parade, and serving hot chocolate afterwards.


Once again, Pop and Caleb put the lights on the town Christmas tree.  I'm not going to lie-we always hold our breath when the countdown begins.  It's a wonderful feeling when those lights come on!


My favorite elf!


Oh Christmas Tree!


This week is filled with more events, and I truly can't wait.  

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment