Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day

Being a mother is the greatest gift possible.  It is a love that is simply hard to explain.   I feel so blessed to be both a mother and now a grandmother.  I feel the love for my children and grandchildren every day, but it is quite nice to have a day set aside to honor this special gift. The older I get, the more I value the time with my children and grandchildren.  Before I was a mom I didn't know so much warmth, joy, love or satisfaction was possible. And before I was a Nana, I didn't know that all those "Mom" feelings would double!


The day began with a little facetime with the girls and ended with a supper for Grandmother.  In between I got to spend some quality time with Caleb and Reed.  Pretty close to a perfect day!

Papa


Reed and Uncle Tony


Grandmother ready to eat!


Caleb and Aunt Sandra-Quite a pair!!


Papa and Aunt Di


Grandmother with her children


And then Papa joined the group!


And on a personal note, I would like to share a little about the gifts my sweet family gave me for this special day.  Caleb and his sweet self gave me a beautiful evergreen tree that he planted surrounded with salvia and petunias, along with a beautiful lantern.  I also picked out some new outdoor cushions and another lantern.  (This time of the year, my family knows I am only thinking about outside "stuff".)

And then there was this -Mine is the one with the sparkles!


I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment