Thursday, January 18, 2018

Plans Change

The plan was simple-Josh and Lindsey would be in Fairhope this week for a conference.  I was going to head to Alex City with the kiddos after the senior meal at our church to handle school, gymnastics, dance and all the other day to day duties. Our plans changed due to the weather and a sick little one.  It all worked out for the best because Maddie and Lillian's school has been closed all week!  The weather was much worse on their side of the state. However, it was so cold here that we stayed inside most all week.

Pop and Papa getting ready to eat and enjoy the entertainment at the Senior meal.


These three were great helpers. I was busy in the kitchen, so this is the best picture I could get!


This one felt perfectly fine -and then he didn't!!  He woke up from his nap running a slight fever.  Mostly, he just didn't look right!  The doctors in town had already closed, so I decided I better head to Urgent Care before the snow arrived. By the time we got there, he had a fever of 101.5 and was diagnosed with the flu!


He actually had no desire to go out when the snow began falling, but he did want to watch his sisters.



Before long, Beau joined in on the fun and kept him company.


And then Pop came home and briefly took him outside.  This smile is misleading, because he was still feeling pretty crummy at this point!


Maddie gathered some snow, and we headed in and made some snow ice cream.


Most of this week has been spent doing really important things-painting fingernails and toenails, watching Little Rascals 1000 times, sitting by the fire, popping popcorn and making smores over the fireplace.  I call that making memories!


I actually have several snow pictures that Maddie took that I look forward to sharing.  However, I'm ready for a sunny day with temperatures of about 75 degrees.  Enough is enough! Also, I am happy to say that Reed is feeling much better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment