Thursday, February 25, 2021

Quail and Sand

 While it was still cold, the sun finally came out last weekend, and we couldn't wait to get outside!  John Sawyer headed to the playground, and we were thrilled to find several piles of Pop's sand that the city hasn't spread yet.  Needless to say, he played in the sand and not on the playground.  Nana always has tractors and trucks close by for occasions just like this.  Following the sandpile fun, we joined Pop for a little quail hunt. 


This precious one had quite the week.  He turned 9 months and got his first tooth!


John Sawyer and I spent most of the day following behind in the Ranger.  We began with a little picnic on the tailgate, and then the fun began. John Sawyer doesn't consider it a picnic unless you have a table cloth.  

It is truly fun to watch Belle do what she was born to do.  She is extremely active, and it's great to see her putting all that energy to use!  She absolutely loves this.  I am not a hunter, but I am definitely a fan!   Belle is actually very small for her breed, but that doesn't slow her down a bit.  

John Sawyer decided to join Pop as he was wrapping up the hunt, which was the perfect end to an awesome day! (I brought Pop's vest for him, and got the wrong one.  Oops!  No orange on this hunt, but he was the only one shooting.)

I love days like this.  We actually went to meet Jovi (previous post) the next day.  All in all, we had an awesome weekend!

(If by chance the person that found my Columbia jacket at the playground is reading this, I'd love to have it  back. I left it by mistake when JS and I were playing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment