Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Winter Wonderland

What a wonderful surprise it was to wake up to snow!  We were expecting just ice, so to me the snow was such a treat.  Even better, it snowed basically all day! We never lost power and enjoyed a fire in the fireplace all day.  For me, that's a near perfect day!

This is easily my favorite view of all time.  Each season is different and beautiful! 

I rushed out the door before 7:00 to look around and snap some pictures.  Our snow usually doesn't last very long, so I wanted to make sure to get some pictures.  Little did I know that it would snow almost all day.
Reed also got several up the  hill at Papa's.
We had to wait for John Sawyer to wake up to play.  Caleb had to go to work , but we squeezed in some fun first.  
John Sawyer has been wanting to make a snowman for some time now.  This snow was a little dry, but he and Pop were able to make a snowman and a snow angel! The also enjoyed a ride in the clothes basket. We had so much fun, but missed Maddie, Lillian and Reed!
Now, I am going to back up a few days.  We all enjoyed a special Valentine's Day. (That includes our DD.) Thanks to Taylor for these pictures.  I will add that Jack was having his baby dedication this past Sunday, but he became very sick the night before and they had to postpone.  I am happy to say that he is not completely well, but is definitely on the mend.
Be still my heart!  Loves these babies so very much!


Cookies were made and goodies were shared!
In full disclosure, I had the big kids help me clean up, and then I surprised them with their Valentine goodies.

Maddie loves to learn new things, and Pop loves to teach her new things.  She has wanted to learn to weld for a while, so she and Pop did just that.
This snow has been great, but I'm just about over this extreme cold.  Hopefully, we will be able to have another sunny sandpile day soon!






1 comment: