Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Thankful



It was wonderful to be together for Thanksgiving.  Believe it or not, I didn't take many pictures.  Sadly, I didn't get pictures of everyone.  Trust me, we ate well, enjoyed the company, and had a great time.  We have entered my favorite, but busiest time of the year! Here's a quick recap!

First, this cherry tree is almost as pretty in the fall as it is in the spring!


We had lots of fun leading up to Thanksgiving day.  Trips to the park, playing in the yard, roasting marshmallows in the fireplace, checkers, cooking pancakes with Pop, visit from DD and more provided lots of fun.
Thanksgiving Day-I got very few pictures but Pop cooked 2 great turkeys, we added the trimmings, and then it was on to candy houses!

This family tradition began 32 years ago.  Pardon me while I brag, but we have got this down pat!  I think the grandkids enjoy it as much or more than I do.  We form our boxes into whatever we plan to make, and the fun begins.  No kits for us!  I love when we introduce this to new people, and this year DD got to participate.  
It just wouldn't be Christmas without making the houses.  This year in addition to houses, we have a church, lighthouse, soccer field, nativity scene, tree in the truck and more!


Row 1- Lillian, Caleb, Taylor   Row 2- Pop, Reed, DD   Row 3- Lillian, Josh, Lindsey  Row 4- John Sawyer, Jack, Nana


Maddie


Did someone say Roll Tide?



No comments:

Post a Comment