Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Life

I'm quite certain that one day life will slow down, but I'm just not sure when.  I promised myself I was going to do better at keeping up with this blog, and I am determined to do better.  Here's a quick recap of the month so far-  I celebrated my birthday at the Christmas Village with friends and Lindsey.  This is always one of my favorite days of the year! I worked the polls.  That's always an interesting 13 hours!  The first weekend of the month Maddie ran in the State Cross Country meet (and did great), Josh and Reed had a District Soccer Tournament in Alex City, and Lillian had a travel ball tournament in Auburn.  We had to divide and conquer.  Reed took soccer, I had softball and Lindsey had cross country!  My halls are all decked and I'm ready to settle down and enjoy the holidays.

Just call them champs!! We are headed to Dothan this weekend for the state tournament.




This was her last tournament of the year.


She got to leave with a little bling!


This meet was a cold, wet mess!! We are so proud of how well she did here and the whole season!




The little ones stayed with me and did a little yard work while Pop, Maddie and Reed enjoyed the youth hunt.



Lots of memories are being made here!


This sweet girl was able to shoot her 18th deer!  Pop tried all weekend to help Reed find a deer to shoot.  It just wasn't meant to be!  Pop is determined that Reed gets one during Thanksgiving.



Christmas Village 2022-We came and we conquered. 



Life is definitely short and will throw you a curve sometimes.  Last Thursday night, I received one of those late-night calls that you just know isn't going to go well. My sweet, larger than life cousin had a pulmonary embolism and passed away.  I truly have very few childhood memories without him and his sweet sister Anne.  He was a vital part of my life, and I truly can't believe he's gone. I will always treasure the countless memories I have of him!  I'm going to devote a post just to him and those memories soon.  I'm just not quite ready to do that yet.  Know that he was very loved and will be missed by all who knew him. 





No comments:

Post a Comment