Friday, December 16, 2022

Family Christmas

 Christmas at my grandparents each year growing up was very special.  Those gatherings, along with others lead to bonds that just can't be broken.  Miles separate us, but when we are together time seems to just fade away.  We aren't able to gather as often as we use to, but we make the most of every second when we are together.  Since my grandparents passed away, most years we have met in Meridian with my Aunt and Uncle.  This year Reed and I were fortunate to be able to host. We live a good bit farther north than most, but I'm happy to say most everyone was able to come. We recently unexpectantly lost a very special family member, so I think that made this gathering even more special. It's good to  remember where we came from and strengthen that unbreakable bond.  I know he's thankful we gathered together. 

My People-If you weren't there you were missed.


We enjoyed food, good conversations, and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.  Some of the kids were more impressed than others with the jolly old elf!  (Jack and Mattie Jo).  

John Sawyer was a big fan!

We were all on the nice list!

Lots of visits to see Santa with these two in the past, so it was nice to see it again.

Cassandra was the biggest fan of all! Hunter, Jenna, Bethany and Adrian are ready for his visit this year. Gil, too!


So many new memories were made.






You were missed.
                                  

         I can't wait until next year.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment