Monday, December 26, 2022

Merry and Bright



This has been a wonderful Christmas season.  We have had 3 weekends together for different events, and there is nothing I love more than having my family together.  We meet together the Saturday before Christmas, and I really enjoy that.  I love that no one is rushed to get somewhere else, and we can enjoy the time together. It's about so much more than opening gifts.  We are building bonds and making memories that will last a lifetime.  Celebrating the birth of our Savior with those you love makes for a perfect Christmas. Traditions, smiles and laughter, floors messy with left over wrapping paper, going to see lights, reading the Christmas story, cooking and eating way too much, making new memories--this is Christmas. I know this is a difficult time of the year for many people, and I pray that all can find comfort in Jesus.  The older I get, the more I realize just how short life really is and how quickly it can change. Make those memories and love your people! Lots of pictures follow!

For their main presents, Maddie got two of her deer mounted including one she killed with her crossbow. Reed got his first gun, Lillian got a bicycle and the little ones got cute little bumper cars. 



Caleb has mastered Grandmother's German chocolate cake.  She would be so proud of him!  I love these happy Christmas faces!

We enjoyed breakfast before opening gifts (followed by supper later), and Jack couldn't wait for the biscuits to be ready!

So much fun!




I love seeing these sweeties together! There is nothing quite like cousin time!


Lillian, Reed, John Sawyer and I ventured to the tinsel trail and ice skating one day.  Lots of falls, lots of improvement, and lots of fun!

John Sawyer enjoyed a little deer watching with Pop.

For several years now, we have celebrated Christmas Eve with Lindsey and her family. This is such a sweet time.  After watching them open gifts on Christmas morning, we hurry back to see Caleb's family before they head to the Hall's for the day.  





These fountains in Alex City will be a good reminder of just how cold this Christmas week has been!



I did not get a picture of these cuties Christmas morning, so I borrowed this cute one from Taylor's page.  



And just because I don't want to forget, these are the trees Pop did for the city and Carrollton and Aliceville's Trail of Trees.
Merry, Merry Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment