Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The New Girls

Did I mention that we have new chickens? There was a time in my life when I would have laughed at the thought of enjoying chickens and fresh eggs.  Well, let me tell you life changes.  I love our girls, and am thrilled that after a long delay some are laying again.  Our new girls have fit right in with the old ones. Life is chugging right along.  Maddie has a ball/dance this weekend, and Lillian has a father/daughter dance.  My girls are growing up!  They are all in the process of registering for Spring sports, so it won't be long until we are on the road again. Maddie's track season will also be starting soon. I just can't wait.


This jungle gym is in the chicken's yard.  Jack enjoys it, too!  


All of the grandkids enjoy the chickens, but John Sawyer and Lillian are our "chicken whisperers".  They love holding them, and the chickens seem to enjoy it, too.


This is one of the new girls.  They both look pretty happy!


Jack is still a little unsure about holding them, but he loves petting them.



To the untrained eye that my just look like a bucket.  In reality, it's a target for John Sawyer and the BB gun. Pop is carefully and slowly showing him what to do.


Good job!!


Love our little tractor man! Excuse the toboggan hair! 


Lots and lots of miles have been put on this tractor! 


Pop got to hang out with these two while helping a friend on a recent quail hunt.


More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment