Monday, October 25, 2010

Sipping and Stroking

What a fun night!  Lauri, Phyllis and I were chauffered to Tuscaloosa by Callie where we met Di at the Mellow Mushroom.  After a delicious pizza, we ventured over to Sips and Strokes. (For the record, just strokes, no sips!)  I had wanted to do this for quite some time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!  I was amazed that in a room of probably 40 budding artists, no two pictures looked the same.  I will also say that the picture that we painted was a little harder than I would have preferred for my first time.  Still, I can't wait to go back in November and paint a Christmas picture......


Phyllis and Di

Lauri and Callie


Prior to starting, you are told to get 2 pumps of each color of paint.  Now just for fun, look at the next two pictures....Which one is mine and which one is Aunt Di's?

I'm not telling........

 
Patiently waiting to get started.

Here we were taking a little break and Lauri was checking out the other paintings.

Di's work in progress....

Working hard.....

Callie was the pro in the group.  She has been several times.

Wow!  We are really coming along!  Notice the difference in colors.  Di was sitting next to me, and I tried my best to make mine look like hers......It just wasn't meant to be.  I got a little to happy with the red, and you can tell yellow is her favorite color.

Three hours later we are all finished!  I love Lauri's water.

Mom and daugher.

Phyllis did a great job
 So did Di!

 Our Masterpieces!!

Remember this?  I took another picture this weekend.  Do you think our pictures sorta, kinda, maybe resemble this?  No-I didn't think so!!

I can't wait to go back!!  Thanks ladies-I had a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment