Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

OK- for the first time Lindsey beat me to the blog!  Check her blog out here for more on our fun day together. 

Now for my version-We had a ball!  Maddie was an absolute angel the entire day.  She loved the animals, she spoke to almost everyone at the zoo, and never so much as whimpered.  I told Pop that there are some things that a picture can't capture and also that I can't really find words to express.  These include the way she lights up when she sees us, the sweet hugs she gives, and simple things like the way she would call the animals to "come on" when they would walk away.  Priceless memories!!

Maddie -

Getting an up close look at the goats

Checking out the animals and eating a
few animal crackers...

Silly Goose!




Mesmorized...



I thought this was a neat shot.....





 Pop and Nana



Riding the Train


Pointing out the lions..

Josh and Maddie


 
                                                          Having a snack right before we left...

This was simply a beautiful day.  I can't wait until be see them again.  (I am hoping for next weekend.)  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Caleb and Brooke had been with us.  But, Caleb is on a guys trip to Nashville this weekend.  Maybe next time..... 
Next up, our very own "Birdman".


Also, I am having serious camera problems.  So, I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures.  I am afraid I am fixing to have to take the plunge and get a new one....

No comments:

Post a Comment