Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Embracing the Big 50

Since there is nothing I can do about turning 50, I've decided I may as well just embrace it. As I told Caleb, my only 2 choices are dying or getting older......I think I'd prefer to get older.  I am a little amazed at how fast time flies! Anyway, Reed arranged for an early birthday celebration that I thoroughly enjoyed.  Reed and I, along with Caleb, met Lindsey and Maddie in Birmingham. (Josh was working.)  We first  ventured to Home Goods, which is a store I truly love!  I bought myself some great birthday gifts including a new cookie sheet, a toothbrush holder, dishtowels and some napkins!  Then we went to see the new movie "Puss in Boots".  We had hoped that Maddie would enjoy it, and she did for about an hour.  It was just a little too much for her.  I, on the other hand, thought it was pretty cute.  Following the movie, we headed over to The Cheesecake Factory.  I think I'll borrow one of Maddie's favorite sayings - "It was yummy!"  We all ate very well, (except for Lindsey, who is just a little sick these days). I truly love spending time with my family, so I would have to say that this was a perfect birthday treat!





We met Lindsey and Maddie in the parking lot of the theater.  After I opened a precious present from them, we headed inside to the movie.



This was a cute movie, but it is really suited for more of an older audience.......We think Maddie did great though!


Reed and Lindsey






Maddie was not too sure about the waitresses singing Happy Birthday!



Happy birthday to me!!  Yummy!!



 

Thanks for a special day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment