Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blooming


I love Spring!  Reed and I have both been busy in the yard and garden and so far so good!!  I am a little concerned about how long we can keep everything looking good!  With Spring coming early, I figure I will be watering flowers for about 7 months.  I am still enjoying it now, but by July I think the fun may have worn off!

We have this retaining wall that needed something special, so Reed transplanted these beautiful roses!  He has nurtured them for about 2 years now, and this year they are really pretty!  I only wish they would bloom all summer.

 His garden also looks fantastic!  Before long, we will be eating tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and squash!  He didn't plant quite as much as last year, but I still think we will have more than we can eat!

And not to be outdone, my flowers are growing nicely too!  Below is just a sample!  So far everything but my basil is doing great! The one in the middle is a Pinterest inspiration. (What did I do before I discovered Pinterest?) I have really enjoyed it.  I wanted to add one more larger pot on the bottom, but could not find the right size.  That will be a project for next year!


I have to be honest - with everything in bloom it really makes me hope my summer vacation doesn't take too much longer to arrive!!  When my daylillies start blooming, I really have a hard time going to work!!  That is always my signal that summer is finally here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment