Sunday, December 22, 2013

Round 1-Christmas at Lindsey's

I love all the trimmings of Christmas-parties, decorating, cooking, cantatas, church services, friends, and even shopping.  But mostly, I love spending time with my family. Reed and I loaded up the sleigh (literally), picked up Uncle C and Taylor and headed east to spend the day with Lindsey, Josh and the girls.  They will be here right after Christmas, and we can't wait for that! 

Reed made Lindsey and Josh a beautiful entertainment center, and it was drizzling rain, so we piled everything in the trailer. 

 
 
This is the picture of the entertainment center.  I have requested one, too!  I'll keep you posted on that!
 
 

 

Maddie and Lillian enjoyed spending time with Uncle C and Taylor. 

 


Smiles, laughter, and simply being together


For the past several months, Maddie would consistently tell me she wanted something "rainbow sparkly" for Christmas.  That proved to be somewhat of a challenge, but I finally did find a few things to meet the request.  This tutu, wings and wand were part of her rainbow collection.



I included pictures of the stompeez (from Uncle C) and the glow pet, because 15-20 years from now I hope Maddie will remember saying, "I've dreamed every night about getting these!" 


Lillian enjoyed her presents too!  And, she helped everyone open their gifts!


Maddie picked out this hat for Pop, and Lillian helped him try it on.


After a couple of quick lessons from her dad and Maddie, Lillian was zooming on her Minnie Mouse car.



More memories of the day! We enjoyed a delicious meal, opened wonderful presents, but most of all we just enjoyed being together. Josh was quite the trooper, because he has been under the weather for a few days. Taylor won the prize when she hopped up and started washing dishes!



 
 
 
Merry Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment