Monday, December 30, 2013

The Joy of Friendship

I had planned to post this blog after I finished with our family Christmas get-togetherness, but I can't seem to find time to finish those. We are heading to Birmingham to move Caleb today, and then bringing the girls back for a few days. More on those things later!!

Over 20 years ago, Mrs. Myrtle Ruth Alexander got the group of "young women" together in our church and told us that it was time for us to form our own circle. That has proven to be one of the greatest decisions ever.  We are all quite a bit older now, and we probably won't be referred to as the "young women's circle" much longer.  However, I am sure that our times together will continue to be just as adventurous and just as special!  We are not very organized, we don't follow procedures very well, and since I took over the minutes, we are not sure of exactly what we do from meeting to meeting.  But, rest assured I think Jesus is happy with us.  We do love each other and our times together.  If you weren't here this year, you were missed!

We all bring our choice of appetizers or goodies!  It's always a wonderful selection!












After we eat, we have a devotion and prayer.  This is followed by a Dirty Santa ornament swap.  Lots of the ornaments on my tree have come from this event.  It's always lots of fun!  Jennifer was a little disappointed that she drew number one, but in the end she got to choose the last ornament this year!



It went something like this-Jennifer Morgan opened this cute snowman first, and then I stole it from her.



Catherine then stole it from me, but this look is because she knows she's not going to get to keep it long!




Someone stole Jennifer's ornament, and she swooped in at the end and got the snowman from Catherine!!



I love our group and our times together!

Merry Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment