Monday, June 8, 2015

Another First

Somehow, someway I had lived over half a century without attending Mule Day in Gordo.  Well, I am happy that I can now check that off my Bucket List!  I have to say that it offered everything a small town event should-great food, live music, wonderful crowd, vendors, mules, tractors, and fresh squeezed lemonade!!

We strolled through town, talked to several people that we actually knew, grabbed a corn dog and lemonade, and sat down to enjoy the festivities!


These two cuties joined us!



It was great to see Madison and my sweet Jessica!  We also got to see lots of family, but I didn't get any pictures of that!


Then lo and behold, Barney Fife, Floyd and I think Darla appeared!

And then the real reason we were there-Aunt Sandra was taken by surprise as she was presented the Citizen of the Year Award!  I can't think of a more deserving person! She has truly devoted her life to serving others.  I was blessed with two awesome sister in laws!


Gordo's 2015 Citizen of the Year with her very special friend, Byron Fair who made the presentation



And then this happened the next day-We babysat the granddog, and Caleb and Taylor came to pick him up.  Right before they were leaving, Levi emerged from the goldfish pond.  Taylor had already begun washing him off before I could get my camera.  Not one single inch of this precious dog was clean!  It cracked me up, but I don't think his mom and dad thought it was very funny!!




This week will be filled with meetings and All-Star TBall games!!  We can't wait!  We also have a little one that will soon be celebrating his first birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment