Thursday, June 18, 2015

Second Season

The last couple of weeks have been filled with lots of traveling to the east side of the state and lots of TBall.  I have also managed to throw in a little work, too!!  All Stars brought back lots of old memories, and we also managed to make lots of new memories.  Maddie's All Star team consisted of seven girls and 5 boys, and make no mistake the girls were awesome!!  We thought we'd go play a couple of games and come home and head to Nana and Pop's house!!  It didn't quite happen that way!  Between rainouts and her team continuing to win, it went on for days!!  Lots and lots of fun and lots and lots of HOT days!!

Ready to get this tournament started!

 
 
Hit it my way!


Swing batter, swing!!



Running the bases!



We all worked hard to keep the little ones happy!


These two were quite the little troopers! It also helps that their mom is the organizational queen and had everything they could possibly need!



 
All of their wins were by at least 10 runs.


In between games provided time for rest and bonding with buddies!!  Lillian loved hanging out with the big kids!


Running the bases!!


Fielding and batting!

I promise I don't ever remember Reed crying!  Lillian was cheering on her big sis!


This smile melts my heart!!



I think she's the cutest ball player ever!!

Playing second!


Papa made it to the last game, and got to hang out with us!


Sweet, sweet friends!





Lillian and Papa are big buddies!


 
 I'm not sure, but I think this look means, "I'm hot and tired and ready for this to be over!"

This is the play where she scooped up the ball, tagged the boy (knocking him down) and that awesome umpire calling him safe!  Forgive me for having a "you've got to be kidding me" moment!! Her coach even came out to argue the call!


All's well though, because they left with a big ole' trophy and a sweet pendant!!!



As we were driving home, I thought this would probably be the last time I would ever venture to Roanoke.  Then I remembered that I have two more grandchildren that haven't even started playing yet! 

The girls have been here a few days now, and Lindsey and Reed have joined them.  I think this is by far the longest I've ever been between blogs.  I have lots catching up to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment