Friday, December 4, 2015

What a Week!

Well, it's been quite an adventurous week.  There is nothing I like more than having all of my family here for a holiday or any occasion.  This year was a  little challenging for all of us.  Both girls, Josh, Lindsey, Caleb,  Pop and I all had either the stomach virus, strep throat, a head cold or a combination of one or more of these wonderful illnesses over the course of the holidays.  Then, I had a root canal on Monday, Josh had back surgery on Tuesday, and I had oral surgery yesterday.  We are all ready to put all this behind us and move forward to a wonderful Christmas season!


This is what this little cutie does when you ask him, "Who's the boss?"  Now, he also adds, "I boss", when asked.  He keeps us on our toes!



Pop dusted off  Caleb's old go cart  and Maddie had a ball on it!  Aunt Tay took it for a spin, too!



Just hanging out!







Reed once again got the tree for the outside of our church and hung the lights.  Wednesday night, we gathered around the tree and sang carols for the tree lighting.  This is a tradition that I hope we continue!




After my root canal, I traveled on to Alex City to take Maddie and Reed to school and to keep Lillian while Lindsey and Josh ventured Birmingham for his surgery.   I am happy that I got to watch as they put their tree up!


Lillian was still under the weather, but perked up when it was time to decorate the little tree for their room.  Lillian and I spent lots of time snuggling, and helping each other feel better! Reed was also a big help!!


These three angels are decorated for Christmas, and I can't wait to experience every possible moment of it with them!!


Next up, the 25th year of our candy houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment