Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wrapping it Up

I enjoyed this Christmas season so much this year.  This semi-retirement thing is really working out perfectly for me!!  No stress,and  lots of time to enjoy parties, shopping, programs, and all that goes with this special time of the year!!

Reed and I enjoyed the Tinsel Trail in Tuscaloosa again this year.



One of my favorite things in past years had been driving through Di's neighborhood.  We didn't to it last year, but I think she would be happy that we enjoyed going again this year.  This house was one of the highlights! (We also enjoyed a special animated light show at a house in Columbus.)


This was our 25th year of making candy houses!  This year was a little more challenging than most!  The stomach bug had hit, and I for one found it very challenging this year!!  I discovered after the event that I didn't have the card in my camera, so I have no pictures of us making them!! I mostly hate that I don't have any pictures of Papa helping Maddie!!

This is my house.  You will notice that large chunks of it and others are missing.  Levi has enjoyed snacking on them all month.  I tried to patch them for a while, but finally gave up!!  It has been his favorite thing to do when he visits! :)


Maddie (and Papa's) Church (Lindsey's tiny house is in the back!)


Lillian's Frozen House


Pop's Church with Josh's tiny house and truck in the front



Caleb's House


Taylor's Barn


Aunt Sandra prepared the meal, and Tammy, Taylor and Tori sang for the Senior Christmas meal at church!  Caleb came to enjoy the festivities.


These three did a simply beautiful job!  I am so glad our families are now apart of each other!!  Precious, precious family!! 


Taylor and Memaw!  Memaw was thrilled to hear her girls sing!


This picture represents a special memory of the season.  Due to a glitch in the postal system, the one present Lillian asked for wasn't going to make it in time for Christmas morning in spite of ordering it in plenty of time.  We all got on the internet and frantically called stores in two states trying to locate this important, but elusive gift!!  Josh finally found the LAST one at Penney's at the Galleria!  Nana was sitting in the parking lot at 7:30 the next morning waiting for the doors to open at 8:00!  


Caleb and Taylor enjoyed riding on the bank's Christmas float.


And the bank made a generous donation to our church's food pantry this month.  Reed also goes and gets the food each month for this.  


Lindsey and the girls enjoyed ice skating at the park in Alex City



This is one of my favorite pictures of the season!  


We also enjoyed suppers with family and friends, watched lots and lots of Hallmark movies, made lots of Christmas candy, opened way too many presents, shopped too much, sang all of my favorite carols at church, enjoyed lots of family time, and overall just had a truly great Christmas!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment