Sunday, November 10, 2019

Chickens and Such

Weekends are my favorite!  I especially like long weekends when our three big kids can be here.  They are at the best age, and just lots and lots of fun.  They had a ball going to Papa's and playing with the chickens.  They are free ranging during the day, and have become quite spoiled. Lindsey's have been laying for some time, but not our little angels.  I keep telling Pop that they are not earning their keep! But, they are fascinating to watch, and the kids love them! Maddie is the resident champion chicken catcher.  However, this day belonged to Lillian.  She had a special touch, and held several of them! I might add that I never, ever thought I would be a chicken person, but I am truly enjoying them, too!


This precious one is growing so quickly! 


Reed wasn't too sure about this chicken catching stuff!


This one soon became a pro! The chickens seemed pretty content, too.


Is she not a doll?


This was as close as he wanted to be!



She was pretty proud of herself!



Sweetest sisters I know!


And the brother is pretty special, too!


Time for a tree climbing break!



And we placed flags on the poles at the entrance to our neighborhood in honor of Grandmother and Papa.  I think they would approve!



UPDATE:

They went back this morning before church, and look who caught a chicken!



Next up, dough ornaments which turned out quite awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment