Sunday, November 3, 2019

Chickens and a Butterfly

Pop is raising 8 chickens right now, and John Sawyer loves his daily visits to check them out.  He chases them, talks to them, and watches their every move.  Basically, they tolerate him!  The little ones will occasionally give him a friendly little peck, and he actually loves it. He is at the most precious stage right now, and every day is a new adventure.  I am missing the other three so much right now!  They will be here for a three day weekend next week, and I just can't wait.  I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I know it will be lots of fun.


 The chicken coop is at Papa's, and it's the perfect place for them.  They are free ranging during the day, and have become quite spoiled.  They should be laying, but they seem to be having too much fun to worry about eggs.




And he's off to find more!




Just having a little chat!


I spent the day at the Christmas Village with these two one day this week.  We had a wonderful time!  I managed to do lots of birthday shopping for myself!  So much fun!  Lindsey wasn't able to join us this year, and she was missed.  We can't wait for Cottontails in the Spring.



Is she not precious? She was in a pageant to raise money for cancer (I think), and came in 4th place.  She was also on the front page of the paper the next day.


These three celebrated Halloween all week. This was taken at the Fall Festival at their church.



That wraps up our week.  I have been busy at work, and I may or may not have been busy decorating for Christmas.  Reed told me he felt sorry for the Pilgrims and Indians, because I had obviously forgotten about them.  I am thankful everyday, and indeed know how incredibly blessed we are. We will have a wonderful Thanksgiving-it will just be served on a table decorated for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment