Saturday, February 29, 2020

Randomness

Life has been busy lately.  I am more than ready for all things spring!  (So much so that I may or not have decorated for Easter today.) Pop and I have an upcoming beach trip with the big grandkids soon, and we are looking forward to that.  Pop has also been busy working on Papa's yard this week.  It is really taking shape.  We are going to begin on painting the outside soon.  Lots of changes coming there!

Cottontails was lots of fun with this bunch!  I actually think I enjoy this more than the Christmas Village.  I found a few goodies, but mostly love spending time with this crew.  I also love that Lindsey is able to join us.



I am also thrilled to have Michaela back in town.  She was the first one to cut my hair besides Mrs. Carolyn in 35 years!!  John Sawyer is glad she's here, too!


And all is still well in the world of our chickens.  They aren't able to free range quite as much as before.  We are having a problem with hawks and cats.  Pop actually saved one that had been caught by a hawk.  Luckily, the chicken only lost a few feathers.  She's still a little ruffled though!  And, I never in a million years thought I'd be a chicken lady.......


The big kids helped us with Senior Meal a couple of weeks ago.  They are truly a big help. They also enjoyed Jeff Long's band.


In spite of  that not so happy looking face, he really enjoyed his first crawfish of the season.  Plans are for him to cook some soon.


And I can't wait to have all the gang here again soon. Practice for spring sports has started, so their visits won't be as frequent. Soccer, softball, martial arts, gymnastics, and piano keep them and their parents quite busy.  It won't be long until games start.


No comments:

Post a Comment