Monday, November 16, 2020

Hunting, Raking and Riding

We are loving this beautiful fall weather.  It almost seems wrong to stay inside on these perfect days.  Reed wanted to let Belle work a little with some quail, and I tagged along as the photographer. Belle is as active as a dog can be, but it is awesome to see her doing what she was bred to do.  She loves it! 


But first, this cutie got in a little yard work.  We believe in starting them young!


Here he is actually singing, "Happy Birthday to Nana!"  Melted my heart!


Now on to the hunt. All ready to go! I am not even going to pretend that I know the correct terms or what's really going on.  All I know is that Belle was in heaven, and it is lots of fun to watch. She is not quite a year old yet, and is simply spoiled rotten........



Her job is to locate the quail and hold them with a point. Beau (our Boykin Spaniel) is usually there to retrieve, but Reed just wanted to work with Belle on this hunt.







There's also lots of walking in this sport.  I am happy to say I was following a safe distance behind on the ranger.




She actually seemed to do better as she got a little tired.  . She could have done this all day long!






No hunting for this cutie!


All smiles.  He will be 6 months old this week.


Maddie, Reed and Josh enjoyed a hunt this weekend.  Maddie got her first deer of the season.  I was actually on a FaceTime call with Lindsey when we heard the shot. Pop thinks this was her 14th deer.  We are hoping Reed gets his first one this season.


My next post is going to be on horse riding lessons.  All three are loving it.  Lillian had quite a few stories to share about her lessons. More on that next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment