Friday, October 8, 2021

Sand Pile Fun!

Caleb and Taylor were busy part of this weekend, so the boys got to hang out with me.  (Pop was also busy working).  I told John Sawyer he could pick anything he wanted to do.  I suggested Chuck E Cheese, the barnyard, or the playground.  He said he wanted to go to the sand pile, so that's what we did! I have long lost count with how many hours we have spent there.  It started when Lindsey was about 2, and has continued until now.  Snacks and a picnic lunch complete the trips, and we can easily make a day out of it! 

I mean-what can be more fun! Sometime along the way, I realized that it was lots easier to strip down when you begin, rather than try and clean up later. John Sawyer was a pro in no time.


A dirty boy is a happy boy!




Jack was a little uncertain for about 2 minutes, then he happily joined in the fun.  No jumping yet for him though!


I'm going to share just a few pictures from the past.  This was Maddie when she was about John Sawyer's age.  She's almost a teenager, and still loves going.


I am pretty sure that this was her first trip.  She's about 18 months old here.


Reed was probably 4 here.


Even Pop gets in on the fun from time to time!


The sandpiles are also a great place to practice gymnastics.






Jump!!


Now, back to this weekend.  After we got home, we had rain and more rain.  After Jack's nap, we looked out and the yard was flooded.  That only provided more fun!  The boys had a ball!


Next up, soccer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment