Monday, May 2, 2022

Wonderful Week


 More wonderful blessings this week! Make no mistake about it- I loved every second of my 37-year education career, but retirement is my favorite job ever! I am excelling at it every day!! I spent about four days in east Alabama this week. I was able to catch a soccer game, help with transporting kids, watch Lillian practice, and attend Maddie’s track meet. Most importantly, we were able to attend Lillian’s baptismal. What a blessing!! Pop attended John Sawyer’s Tball game, and I am looking forward to a day with them this week.

You are a child of God, wonderfully made, dearly loved and precious in His Sight. Before God made you, He knew you.  

What a wonderful day!  Lillian made the most important decision she will ever make, and we were blessed to share this event with her. 

Maddie participated in Sectionals this weekend in Beauregard.  This hardworking seventh grader qualified for State in the 1600 and 4 x 800 relay.  She also beat her best time in the 3200 by over 20 seconds.  I am amazed at her stamina and her progress this season.  She has not just competed, but excelled against girls much older all season!  It still amazes that anyone would really run multiple miles every day with no one chasing them!!!! :) The State meet is this week and we just can't wait! Win or loose, this has been a fantastic season.


Pop was able to enjoy this weeks TBall game!  John Sawyer has loved playing.  The park pictures are from one afternoon last week when Pop and I picked them up for the afternoon.

I have said many times that I really didn't understand soccer.  We were just never exposed to it here.  I have learned lots, and have truly learned to love it.  Mostly, I love watching this one play.  He has just blossomed this year.  He LOVES playing, and we love watching him. I'm pretty sure he dreams about playing in his sleep!  He has one more regular season game, and then All Stars.  Josh will be his head coach. I hate to see his season come to a close.

I have spent lots of time whining about the massive amount of yardwork we have done and still have to do.  All of the flowers blooming are just beautiful right now.  I am trying to focus on that and not the never ending projects we need to complete!  It's truly fun to see what new flowers are blooming each day.  The daylilies and roses will be in full bloom soon.  If you notice the first picture in the third row, you will see a bunch of Papa's chrysanthemums coming through with the sun patients.  We relocated most of those, but that one came through, and I don't have the heart to move it.  I think it was meant to be. We have added several new rose bushes.  Reed cleaned out the vines from all of the running roses on the fence, and they are fixing to be in full bloom. 

Much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment