Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Hello March!

 I'm on the road again for a couple of days.  I am getting to watch Maddie and her team play soccer.  This is becoming one of my very favorite things to do!  I am also loving the weather.  I have planted a few things even though I know it's a tad bit too early!  The little ones will be heading out to do a little snow skiing later this week.  The big kids are headed our way for Maddie to attend a soccer camp at UA.  Now on to a little bit of life lately---


All I can say is if you don't have a sand pile on your land, you really, really need to work on getting one!  We have countless memories of this from when Lindsey and Caleb were little until now.  It is just so much fun!!


We planted some new trees, and the boys helped Pop clear the dirt in between  Pop has the very best toys!




They also had a great afternoon fishing!



John Sawyer, along with several friends and family, had a ball celebrating his 6th birthday.  Wow!  He's growing so fast!!!


Have I mentioned how much I love watching her play soccer?  I absolutely love it!  She also had her first track meet of the season.







Pictures don't do this tree justice, so I am going to try and explain.  For many years now, the trunk has been hollowed out.  There is really only a fraction of a trunk on one side (all the way to the branches), but it continues to live.  The night Papa died, the ambulance hit it square on very hard.  We just knew that was the end of it, but it continued to live.  Reed hit it with a trailer this winter, and we braced ourselves for it to finally die.  To our surprise, it once again has blooms on it!  Now, it's not the prettiest in the world, but it's hanging on.  In a lot of ways, we are like this tree.  We take lots of bumps along the way, but God continues to help us thrive!


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment