Friday, March 8, 2024

Soccer, Six, Flowers and More



I am officially declaring myself the worse blogger in history.  I have the best of intentions, but life keeps us busy and on the go.  We are busy with Spring sports and all that comes with that.  You can find us on a soccer field, track meet, baseball or softball field somewhere across the next few months.  I feel very blessed that we can support these guys!!


I recently spent several days in Alex City doing all the things!  Orthodontics appointment, orthopedic appointment, hair cut, soccer games and more were on the agenda!!
This sweet girl got her braces off and we celebrated at Panda Express!  Lillian has another year to go, and she had brackets added that day.  I don't have a picture of it, but Reed got a splint off his finger after 8 long weeks!

It was rainy and dreary, but I did get to spend a few days in my favorite place with some wonderful friends and co-workers!
Sadly, I missed our yearly trip to Cottontails, but we enjoyed a trip to Vintage Market Days. 


A few years ago, I would never have dreamed of becoming the soccer fan that I am now.  This is the first year that Maddie's school has had a team. (She has played rec soccer). They are doing fantastic!! They are a 2A school, but are playing 5-7A schools.  Their first game against Sylacauga (a very established program) ended in a 1-1 tie-which was as good as a win!!! So proud of her and her team!!!


After the teams first ever game, they headed across the field to a round of much earned applause!!


She has just been awesome!  I can't wait for more games!


I was so excited to discover that one of my all-time favorite students has a son on John Sawyer's baseball team!  He has had a pre-season tournament this week.



Jack has been busy practicing.  He is playing on a 3/4 team this year.  They have 11 3 year olds, so this should be quite the adventure!


John Sawyer didn't have school today, so he is spending his 6th birthday with Nana and Pop!  His party is Sunday, but celebrated today with cupcakes and opening an early present!  Time flies!


Pop also helped put together a little leggo kit.  This is one of Pop's least favorite things in the whole world to do!!!

This girl is ready for Spring!!! Things are sprouting, and I just can't wait!!! I'm ready to complain about being too hot!  Notice that fern-We are very proud of it.  This was one of Mrs. Carolyn's that had died!  About 3-4 years ago, we noticed two very small sprouts.  After lots of love and attention, it has really grown! I have begun to plant things, and have lots more things to add!


                                                                More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment