Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!!

Reed and I will celebrate our 28th anniversary August 29 - or maybe it's the 28th.  I've truly always had trouble with the exact date.......However, I have loved every minute we have been together.  Our first date was our Junior Prom.  We dated through the rest of high school and married our senior year of college.  Some of my favorite memories are-
  • When we were dating I got roses all the time........
  • Being married while still in college.  Now, I am not advocating this, but it worked for us.  I think it's the fact that we still had so few responsibilities.
  • The time the pig got loose from the Livingston Stockyard and stayed in our yard for days...(I have no idea why that is such a good memory other than the fact that we had lots of fun trying to catch that pig!)
  • College friends-I wish we had kept in closer contact with many of them.
  • Living in Fosters for 2 years.  Something about owning your first piece of property is special.
  • Clearing the kudzu off that first piece of property-even when the pony chased me up the tree
  • The birth of our children
  • Raising our children with such a wonderful and devoted father
  • Buying our house - We were now real grown ups!!
  • Family trips - especially to the beach.
  • Trips to the river
  • COUNTLESS Little League games, football games, cheerleader events, softball games, basketball games, church youth trips, committee meetings, etc. ( I recently told Reed how wonderful it was that we were so close to our children, and he simply said that we had spent their entire life building those relationships.  We are truly blessed!)
  • Lazy summers swimming and playing
  • Four wheeler rides in the hay field
  • Watching our children grow up
  • The winter we had the HUGE snow
  • When I was pregnant with Lindsey, and Reed and Tim braved a terrible ice storm to go to Columbus because I was craving pizza
  • Fishing trips with each other and the kids
  • The one (and only) time Reed took me deer hunting.  I think he said something like, "If I ever get you down from this stand, you don't ever have to worry about me taking you again."  And he didn't.
  • Holidays, especially Christmas
  • Christmas breakfast at David & Di's
  • Easter at Sandra's
  • Getting to know each other's families
  • The fact that he has accepted  that I hate yard work, gardening and any type of manual labor
  • The birth of our first grandchild - I can't put into words how special that has been!
  • Road Trips-These can be as simple as, "Let's go see if there are any doves in the field" to "Why don't we ride over and see Maddie?"
  • He also lets me sleep on these road trips
  • Jake-It's probably wrong to love a dog as much as we loved him......
  • This empty nest thing.   As much as I enjoyed every second of our children growning up, I have also enjoyed spending time with Reed. (I was really doing good until Caleb left for Alabama.  I think it hit me that he's really fixing to be gone.)
  • Being perfectly content doing absolutely nothing
As I look back over the list, I realize that it's really a culmination of our life together that I love so much.  It's a rather simple life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are blessed!

Who are these people!?!

Happy Anniversary Sweetie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment