Sunday, November 21, 2010

Deck the Halls

 First of all, I know Thanksgiving is not over yet, but I simply couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't resist the urge to pull out the decorations and begin "Decking the Halls." I simply love everything about Christmas. I love looking down the stairs and seeing the Christmas tree all lit up. I love decorating Gingerbread houses with my family. (This will be our 20th year, and that occasion will definetly get a post of its own.) I love pulling out all the decorations I've had for years, and adding to them each year. I love buying gifts. I absolutley cannot wait to share the holiday with Maddie. Last year was great, but now that she's a little older, I know she is going to love it all. I love gatherings with family and friends. I love Christmas hymns at church and the Christmas Cantata. I love Caleb's reaction to his gifts on Christmas morning. (He may be 21, but I think he will always be a kid at heart). I love the way Lindsey stacks her gifts in a pile the night before getting ready. And Caleb always counted her pile to make sure she didn't get more. I love that we are introducing our traditions to Josh, and he doesn't seem to think we're too crazy. I love riding around and looking at Christmas lights. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus! How about you?



I must begin with this-These ducks are on our downstairs mantle.  I actually heard Reed apologizing to them a couple of weeks ago because he knew they were fixing to go in the box, so that Christmas decorations could go up........

Gus was a really big help.......


Downstairs mantle-I opted to use our Sips and Strokes pictures rather than wreaths and garland this year.

Fireplace in the little den....


My mother made these several years ago.

She also made this village.  (Haven't found my bag of snow yet.....I will add it when I do...)

I love this little plate.  It was a gift from Allison and Jesse.

Love this one too.....

Notice that the tree is a little bare at the bottom.  I also only put soft ornaments on the bottom third.  I have a feeling that Maddie is going to love rearranging for me. For some reason, I don't have a picture of the dining room tree.  More on that one later.


Gus never did get into the spirit of things.

I have lots more things done, but I'll save those for later.  I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment