Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow and the Stomach Virus

Snow and the stomach virus make for quite an interesting time.......I began getting sick around 9:00 Saturday night.  As usual Reed was a wonderful nurse!  He brought me wet bath cloths and checked on me all during the night.  Then, about 9:00 Sunday morning, he started getting sick......He has already pointed out that I was not quite as attentive to him.  What can I say?  I still thought I was dying at that point.  Oh well, I am praying that we are both better tomorrow, so we can play in the snow!!  Also, I am praying even harder that Caleb doesn't get it.  I'm afraid that at this point if he does, he's on his own!

Monday Update-There was no need to worry about playing in the snow.  We only had a combination of sleet and ice with maybe a little snow thrown in.  On a different note, we are on the mend here.  We are by no means back to normal, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  And so far, Caleb has one tough immune system.

This was taken shortly after the snow started.  At this point,
I just knew we were going to get lots of snow!



This is the next morning...Not very impressive!
(These fish are pretty tough!) 


This is our yard.  There was really no snow - just ice and sleet....

A view up the hill

I am so glad that we didn't get any more ice than this.


While I would have enjoyed a foot of snow, I am happy for what we got.  Mostly, I am glad for a day off.  With this stomach virus, I am afraid I would have been home today anyway.....

No comments:

Post a Comment