Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's a Family Thing

Sometimes I will write a post that gets lost in the shuffle and doesn't make it to the blog on time. This is one of those posts. Sorry that it is just a little late.

We have made candy houses for Christmas for 22 years now.  Wow!  This year was a little impromptu!  And by that I mean we threw everything together at the last moment and made the most of it.  Caleb came back home briefly the night before the Iron Bowl, and wanted to go ahead and do them while the girls were here. We were just a little rushed, because his cell phone kept beeping with people waiting for him to get back to Tuscaloosa! However, as usual, it was lots of fun!  We hate Josh missed this!  He is very creative!  I had purchased most of the candy, but I didn't have any boxes, so we improvised!  We used a couple of flood light boxes, a cereal box, and the box from our Christmas cards!  Maddie didn't seem to mind, and that was all that really
mattered!  This was the first year that she really seemed to get it and enjoy it! 
This is one tradition that I hope continues for a long, long time!!

Lindsey helped Maddie.  Maddie made one for her and Lillian.


Hard at work!  Check out that concentration!!


Uncle C and Lillian hung out a little bit before he got started!  He takes his house making seriously!


Maddie helped Pop after finishing hers.
 

This makes my heart smile! I know these two will both say I shouldn't have taken this picture with them looking less than their best - I think they both look precious though!




Reed's house and mine


Maddie's two houses!


The finished products!  Caleb's is in the middle.  I think he won the prize this year!


We actually have plans to do this again.  Maddie is coming back in a couple of weeks (which is now this weekend) and wants Jessi and Allison to make one with her!  I know that will be lots of fun, too!

And a special thanks to Pinterest for the idea below!  I thought this would be a great use for my fall pumpkins.  I have to say that I think he turned out pretty cute!! And the best part is that I only spent $1.30 on spray paint!!


 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment