Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stalker

I found myself alone last Sunday afternoon, and I thought it would be the perfect time to take Gus and go for a walk. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!  Gus and I drove to the pasture and were immediately greeted by Bonnie Rose.  Bonnie Rose is not really our horse.  She has just been visiting for a little over 10 years now..........And she has gotten use to eating corn or sweet feed daily!  I couldn't find the key to the shop to get her feed, so I arrived empty handed.  She was not happy!  I must also add that she is not really tame.  Normally, this horse will not let me get near it!  She followed closely behind me, with her head on the ground looking for food!  It broke my heart, and scared me silly!  I am not a horse person!  I finally couldn't stand it anymore!  When I turned to walk back, she finally seemed to realize that there would be no food for her.  She stood in the same spot and watched me the entire time that I walked back!

As soon as I stopped, she came rushing up to the car.  Scared me to death! She never does this!


She searches for food that she just knows I am going to leave for her!

As I start to leave, reality appears to set in, and she realizes that here is no food for her today!


She was still in the same spot looking at me when we drove out the gate!


 This guy had a ball though!  He ran the entire time!  I kept calling him to come and stand by me.  My goal was to use him for protection from the big, bad horse!  He wanted no part of that!

Next up - T-Ball practice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment