Sunday, June 9, 2013

Eighty One

We recently celebrated Papa's eighty first birthday.  In addition to fish with all the trimmings, Reed boiled crawfish.  I still haven't gotten my nerve up to try one, but those that did said they were great!  I always enjoy family get-together's.  Every time one ends, I wonder why we don't do it more often!

Getting the crawfish ready!  Bless their little hearts!



Our Cooks





Aunt Di, Uncle C and sweet Lillian


Family Time


I feel I must say that Grandmother was not eating crawfish, but everyone else around the table quickly made over 40 punds disappear!




The birthday boy and Ariel


The cousins enjoyed swimming before and after eating.  Maddie was a little unsure of the "big kids" games.  She was mostly happy just watching.

Now, a little about the crawfish cooker-Reed took a truck rim, a burner from an old hot water heater, and an old pot and created this!  It did a wonderful job!  I have lots of plans for his latest creation! 


No comments:

Post a Comment