Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Toes in the Sand

Reed and I just returned from a quick, but wonderful trip to the beach.  This opportunity came up quite suddenly, and our children weren't able to go.  While we missed them, we had a great time together.  We spent lots of time relaxing with our toes in the sand!

Reed and I are both early birds, so we got to see some pretty spectacular sun rises.

This is the most beautiful and relaxing place in the world to me. The water was calm and crystal clear.  The only problem would have to be the 8 foot shark that was directly in front of us about 10 feet out in the water.  I am generally a floater, but stayed close to the shore after this sighting. Another 4 foot and 12 foot shark were spotted a short distance down.  Yikes!!!

The crane hung around for quite awhile waiting on fish.  I am not sure about the black bird.  Bless his heart, I think he was either lost or confused.  Reed refers to sea gulls as "devil birds".  I happen to love them!

Lindsey sent Pop's precious Father's Day gift for him to open at the beach.  The pigs are made from the girls toes and the balls of their feet.  So cute!!


We also enjoyed watching the banana boat and parasailing.  I also got to watch a little bit of a beautiful beach wedding.

 


I told Reed this might just have to become a Father's Day tradition for us!
I can't wait to go back later in the summer with the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment